I use Twitter daily and think it’s great for businesses as well. Customer service is vastly improved and product information can be disseminated to those interested. I use it as a personal account and like to follow people with the same interests, because that way I can get really interesting information from them, and hopefully they can get some from me too. Twitter is pretty basic though, which is good, but I wish there were a few more features that would make my experience and account management a bit better.
- Putting followers into categories (SEO, Web 2.0, yogis…) – there is “GroupTweet” but you have to ask everyone you want in each to join it. Laborious.
- Having the “search for people” tool actually work and not be out of service every time I try to use it
- Threads for replies (I can’t always remember what the reply was about)
- Categorise users by “not following”, “new”, “long-timers”…
- Recommendations for people who I might be interested in following
- A filter for spam and fakes