Welcome to another Friday, time for an easy and chilled out post with geeky humour and some inspiration to celebrate the end of a long week. I’ll be working on my PhD this weekend, so will be in a darkened room in front of my laptop and a series if IDE’s – fret not, I like it
- Programs for sale: Fast, Reliable, Cheap: choose two.
- I, myself, have had many failures and I’ve learned that if you are not failing a lot, you are probably not being as creative as you could be -you aren’t stretching your imagination. (J.Backus)
- It is important that students bring a certain ragamuffin, barefoot irreverence to their studies; they are not here to worship what is known, but to question it. (J.Bronowski)
- The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time. (T.Cargill)
- Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes. (E. Dijkastra)
- On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], “Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?” I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. (Babbage)
- So stop asking me to fix your computers – I have no idea how to I’m a Comp. Scientist
- And this still happens all the time, still!