TGIF – hooray
I hope that you all had a brilliant week full of fulfilling and exciting projects and that the less interesting things eased by. I hope you’re looking forward to a nice weekend hiding from the cold or boldly facing it with vigour!
Without further ado…some cool comics this week:
Be sure to check out “Kevin and the Googlebots
“, it’s a brilliant comic strip by, well…Kevin. It’s one of my new favourites!
Also check out the Geeky comic
, a nice site if you’re looking for a smile.
And then there’s Monty
the inventor of course.
I don’t need to mention Dilbert
, but if you haven’t come across him yet…shame on you.
The usual geek facts for your pleasure:
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- By the year 2012 there will be approximately 17 billion devices connected to the Internet.
- E-mail has been around longer than the World Wide Web.
- The first computer mouse was invented by Doug Engelbart in around 1964 and was made of wood.
Microsoft has no idea why the following happens:
Open Microsoft Word and type
=rand (200, 99)
And then press ENTER.
BTW I love the fact that some of you only visit on Friday for the TGIF post – clearly it’s my best work